I am under the impression that the open wire protocol should
always be able to maintain backward compatibility.
Does this mean that we will never change the major version ;-)

On 1/23/07, Brian McCallister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jan 23, 2007, at 9:15 AM, Rob Davies wrote:

> The latest development is being done on ActiveMQ 4.2 - however
> there are a lot of improvements between 4.1 and 4.2 - namely:
>
> 1. Use of Java 5
> 2. Message cursors for persistent messages
> 3. Spooling of temporary messages id broker memory is full
>
> and to be delivered in the next couple of weeks:
>
> 1. New very fast journal message store - that we good to be the
> default
> 2. Improvements to message flow control - to take into account the
> spooling and cursors
>
> Given the above - I'd like to propose that the 4.2 release is re-
> versioned to 5.0 and that we deliver a number of milestone releases
> first - before GA

-1, We have, thus far, used major version numbers to mean
incompatible wire protocol changes, not "impressive new features" and
I would like to maintain that.

-Brian

--
Cheers,