| From: James Brown [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
|
| Thank you for the great info, I wasn't expecting so much help!

You're welcome. 

| I will look into PerlTK as listening to events is what I'm 
| trying to do.
| 
| Do you have any ideas on the 'STOP' command though? How can I inform 
| another module that it should 'return' without completing? 

One way is to use the LWP::UserAgent feature that allows you to retreive 
documents in chunks, calling a piece of code every chunk. You could then
check for a 'stop' flag.

| One technique 
| I thought about was to set a globally accessible flag and 
| poll the flag 
| for a status periodically. If the flag was set to TRUE, for 
| example, the 
| code would return without completing. This seems untidy, so if anyone 
| has a better idea, please let me know!

See above.

Cheers
lee

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.529 / Virus Database: 324 - Release Date: 16/10/2003
 

_______________________________________________
ActivePerl mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe: http://listserv.ActiveState.com/mailman/mysubs

Reply via email to