POE looks great, but why does a text-only browser 
have multithreading written all over it?  

lee

| -----Original Message-----
| From: Tobias Hoellrich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
| Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 10:06 PM
| To: 'James Brown'
| Cc: 'activeperl'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| Subject: RE: Perl Advice Needed Please
| 
| 
| James - this really has POE written all over it (see 
| http://poe.perl.org).
| You'll face a steep learning curve to get used to POE, but once you've
| mastered it you'll be able to score multi-million dollar 
| assignments at
| financial institutions, secret military projects and places 
| trying to model
| the global behaviour of Earth's climate (I may be 
| exaggerating a bit, but
| this http://poe.perl.org/?Organizations_Using_POE seems to 
| suggest that I'm
| not too far from the truth).
| 
| Especially have a look at the Cookbook samples (and in particular
| http://poe.perl.org/?POE_Cookbook/Tk_Interfaces) where you 
| will learn about
| POE's event driven nature. 
| 
| Hope this helps
|    Tobias
| 
| 
| > -----Original Message-----
| > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On 
| > Behalf Of James Brown
| > Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 2:11 PM
| > To: Rob Thorpe
| > Cc: Kraaijer Ronald; activeperl; 
| > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| > Subject: Re: Perl Advice Needed Please
| > 
| > 
| > 
| > What I'd really appreciate some advice on is:
| > 
| > a) How can I get Perl to respond to user input? Is there some
| > module out 
| > there that can create an 'event' by calling a subroutine when 
| > a key is 
| > pressed?
| > 
| > b) Say the user hits the 'stop' key and I want to quit out of
| > some code 
| > running in another thread. How can I implement this?
| > 
| > I'm doing the design at the moment, so any guesses or advice
| > are really 
| > welcome.
| > 
| > Many thanks,
| > 
| 
| _______________________________________________
| Perl-Win32-Users mailing list
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| To unsubscribe: http://listserv.ActiveState.com/mailman/mysubs
| 
| ---
| Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
| Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
| Version: 6.0.529 / Virus Database: 324 - Release Date: 16/10/2003
|  
| 

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.529 / Virus Database: 324 - Release Date: 16/10/2003
 

_______________________________________________
ActivePerl mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe: http://listserv.ActiveState.com/mailman/mysubs

Reply via email to