-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Tim Vale
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 9:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: trigonometrics

The basic 5.6 Perl build is missing tangent 'tan()' and arctangent 'atn()' functions :( and I don't want to use posix module etc as the script has to run on a clean build - don't ask - far too complicated to explain.

So - does any budding mathematicians out there please know how to emulate
these two functions using the simple math functions that are available ?

Is there some correlation with sine and cosine etc ?

I missed that day at school - I guess.

Cheers