Hi. I'm trying to get a Pythonwin program which worked fine under Windows 98SE to work under Windows XP Pro.

The program attempts to read from and write to the registry file. The read work fine, but the write raise an exception of "access denied". Clearly, the problem stems from XP's more complicated design of ownership/permission on files. Unfortunately, I don't have a clue what needs to be changed. I suspect the Python code itself is fine, as it has not changed.

The program is being invoked from a user login which has administrator permissions. The Python directory and all sub-directories and files are owned by the administrator account. The directory of  the program file (and the file itself) are also owned by the administrator.

ActivePython 2.2.2
Windows XP Professional SP1 (fully up to date)

The method which raises the error is:

win32api.RegOpenKeyEx(win32con.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,<the path>,0,win32con.KEY_SET_VALUE)

Can anybody help me with this? Please?

Thanks in advance!

Brian