I have a Rails app that uses ActiveScaffold for the admin interface.

I'm trying to secure the admin interface by only allowing access to a
User who has the "Admin" Privilege (Users habtm Privileges, and
vice-versa).

In my ApplicationController, I've defined my current_user_method as follows:

  ActiveScaffold.set_defaults do |config|
    config.security.current_user_method = :the_user
  end

  protected

  def the_user
    session[:current_login] ? Login.find(session[:current_login]).user : nil
  end

I would like to be able to globally turn on and turn off the admin
interface depending on the :current_user's privileges.  I thought I
could add a second line to my above code like so:

  ActiveScaffold.set_defaults do |config|
    config.security.current_user_method = :the_user
    config.security.default_permission = current_user.privileges.include?(Admin)
  end

But I'm getting a NoMethodError on current_user.

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?  Or suggestions as to how I
could do it right?

Thanks,

Carl

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/activescaffold?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

  • Im... Carl Spitzer
    • ... Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables - Symbol Servicios Informáticos S.L. ::.

Reply via email to