I've been trying to figure this out for a long time.

I have absolutely identical apps - one local and one at
hostingrails.com.  I'm running the same version of everything.

But, options_for_association_conditions does not fire on the
production server no matter what.  Even if I run in development mode.

What are the possible reasons for this.

I have an organizations table and an orgcoalitions table

The orgcoalitions table has an organization_id and a coalition_id
field.

In my models for organization I have
has_many :orgcoalitions

for orgcoalition I have
belongs_to :organization, :foreign_key => 'coalition_id'


because an organization can be a coalition and other organizations can
belong to it...

Again, This works perfectly on my local machine, and I see in the log
that it runs

In my orcoalitions_helper.rb I have
  def options_for_association_conditions(association)
    logger.debug "association - #{association.name}"
      if association.name == :organization
        ['coalition =?',1]
      else
        super
      end
    end

In my orgcoalitions_controller.rb I have

class OrgcoalitionsController < ApplicationController
  layout "generic"
  active_scaffold :orgcoalition do |config|
    config.columns[:organization].form_ui = :select
    config.columns[:organization].label = "Coalition"
    config.columns[:organization].clear_link

  end
end

It runs perfectly, showing my debug code on my local machine and
limiting the organizations in the pulldown to the ones that have
coalition set to 1, but not on the production machine in either
production or development.

Something is preventing it from running all together...
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/activescaffold?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to