Hi,

I have a users model based on the restful-authentication.
I also have a Klass model that has a couple of referenced user fields
- teacher, parent1, parent2 and ia.
Both controllers are using AS.

In my users model the edit action is controlled by an
authorized_for_update? method, but when I go to the list view of the
Klass then all the associated links are active - and if you click then
(without the appropriate user role) you correctly gets this error
message from AS:


ActiveScaffold::RecordNotAllowed
(ActiveScaffold::RecordNotAllowed):                 /vendor/plugins/
active_scaffold/lib/active_scaffold/finder.rb:136:in `find_if
_allowed'

But why can you get here ?

Do I need to do something active in my Klass model to deactivate the
links? or should AS have noticed that they are not authorized and
therefore disabled them. Placing a authorized_for_update? in the Klass
model surely solves the problem but also 'dull' the links. Is there a
compromise that just leave them readable but not active (besides -
hack the CSS)..
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/activescaffold?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to