El Wednesday 13 May 2009 00:24:16 Soren escribió:
> Sergio,
>
> Thanks for the answer. Finally had some time to play with this.
>
> So first of all - I know nothing about how AS works under the hood -
> so forgive me if I ask dumb questions.
>
> The index page of the controller in question is the one where all the
> fun is located. So it has two embedded AS's - one for user and one for
> students. Further down the page it has two dynamic sections - I call
> them section3 and section4.
>
> If the user has created any students then the section3 needs to be
> updated. And if they have completed section3 then section4 get
> enabled.
>
> I tried to add app/views/<controller>/on_create.rjs (I use rails 2.2)
> In that file I have:
> page << render(:super)
> page.replace_html "section3", :partial => "section3"
> page.replace_html "section4", :partial => "section4"
>
> On the index page the two sections are properly identified with <div
> id=section3> ... </div> etc. The index page further has a
> render :partial for both to ensure that it loads in a proper way.
> I notice that the on_create gets called when the there is a create
> action in the AS, but section3 and section4 are never updated. Do I
> need to do something different here.

Check your on_create.rjs is rendered. Look at network tab in firebug to get the 
response, or look for "Rendering <controller>/on_create" in development.log

>
> What other actions can I support? Anything that catches a destroy?

You can see actions code in 
vendor/plugins/active_scaffold/lib/active_scaffold/actions to guess which files 
are rendered in each action. For destroy, the view is destroy.rjs

>
> /S
>
> On Apr 27, 2:28 am, "Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables S.L. ::."
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > El Saturday 25 April 2009 23:27:49 Soren escribió:
> > > I have a page upon which I have to embedded scaffolds.
> > >
> > > At some point the user might have created data with those scaffolds
> > > such that additional options to the page should be enabled.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions to cause the page to get reloaded after an CRUD action
> > > on one of the scaffold (simplest solution) or how to cause an AJAX
> > > action to trigger that would update the page with the new options.
> > >
> > > Is the before_create_save action in AS a path anyonehassuccessfully
> > > used for this ?
> > >
> > > /S
> >
> > You should add some javascript to the views to reload the scaffold, or
> > add a new link with javascript after a create for example. Try to create
> > a on_create.js.rjs view (in rails 2.3, on_create.rjs in previous
> > versions) in your controller's views, call render :super to include the
> > default response and add your javascript code.
> >
> > For example:
> > page << render(:super)
> > page.insert_html :top, active_scaffold_tbody_id, 'html code'
> > page.insert_html :top, active_scaffold_tbody_id, :partial =>
> > 'partial_name' page << 'custom JS code'
> >
> > --
> > Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables S.L. ::.
> > Nicolás Guillén 6, locales 2 y 3. 50.018 Zaragoza
> > T) 902 021 404 F) 976 52 98 07 E) [email protected]
>
> 

-- 
Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables S.L. ::.
Nicolás Guillén 6, locales 2 y 3. 50.018 Zaragoza
T) 902 021 404 F) 976 52 98 07 E) [email protected]


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/activescaffold?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to