Hi all!

This is a particularly difficult problem for me to solve or even
identify the root cause.  I'm using ActiveScaffold with a relationship
that looks like this:

service_store has_many payroll  (which of course has the reverse
association of payroll belongs_to service_store)

here is the basic structure:

service_store
--------------------
id
...

payroll
---------
id
service_store_id
...


What happens is that in a subform view (when editing a given
service_store), if that service_store has an existing payroll and I
enter in a new payroll, but there is a validation error on the
payroll, then all of the existing payrolls get one of these:

UPDATE payroll
SET service_store_id = NULL
WHERE (service_store_id = ... AND id IN (..., ..., ...))

If there are no validation issues, the save goes as planned and
everyone is happy.... but I can't have it killing the relationship
just because it isn't validated!

Many thanks for any help in tracking this down or shedding light on
the matter.

BTW, I'm using Rails 2.3.8

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"ActiveScaffold : Ruby on Rails plugin" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/activescaffold?hl=en.

Reply via email to