Konstantin Salz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi!
> 
> I've got a question: I want to install Woody (which I have on cdrom) 
> on a 486 with a 3 1/2" - drive and a cdrom-drive, but without the 
> ability to boot from cdrom. The problem is, the box has only 8 megs 
> of ram, which - according to the help texts of the installer on the 
> cdroms is not enough for the new bootdiscs, and there are no low 
> memory bootdiscs for Woody anymore.
> Is there an easy way of getting a woody installation on this box up 
> and running?

Install potato and the upgrade.

There are some who are considering reviving the lowmem stuff in Woody,
not sure if that will happen or not.

-- 
...Adam Di Carlo..<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>


-- 
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to