David Kimdon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: > Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 11:09:02AM -0600 wrote: > > On Tue Sep 25, 2001 at 12:04:28PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote: > > > Erik Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: > > > > I suspect that all of the following could probably be eliminated: ar, date, > > > > echo, env, expr, gzip, halt, lsmod, poweroff, wc, which, whoami.
> > Right. I can't think of a good reason for ar to be included. > > echo dups a shell buildtin. lsmod duplicates moduilts (which we > > are using due to limited arch support in busybox insmod). env and > > expr duplicate shell functionality. date we can probably live > > without. I'm sure we need gunzip, but gzip? > > > Probably safe to axe them all, but I wanted to double check in > > case someone is using this stuff and I just don't know about it. > > At the moment 'Report a Problem' menu choice uses gzip, but the > dependancy could be removed. > > If expr is really duplicated in the shell then we can remove it, I > know it is used by dhcp-client. Yah. I agree we should keep gzip. Supppose someone wants to edit a keymap then re-gzip it, for instance. The rest can go. What we should do is go ahead and do the busybox changes, then we can test boot-floppies 3.0.15, and if that works, go for it. > tab completion and command line editing on b-f would be really nice, > and as a bonus we save space. Amazingly nice. > Erik, if you put a version together with all this removed, I can run > an install and verify that things still work. Yes, lets test with the ifconfig, route, and ash from busybox. Then we should have plenty of space for all arches. -- ...Adam Di Carlo..<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...<URL:http://www.onshored.com/> -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]
