retitle 113239 [i386] booting from DOS tags 113239 + potato tags 113239 + moreinfo thanks
root <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: > Installation from dos partition > > i386 > pentium II 300 mhz > 393.000 Kb RAM > no scsi > cdrom ATAPI 50X > netcard: genius gf 100txr III series > > I have installed red hat 7.1 in hdc1 and I like to install debian into hda2 > (hda1 windows). > > the lastes lines of boot are. > > RAMDISK: Compresed image found at block 0 > invalid compresed format (err=1)<6> apm:Bios version 1.2 Flags 0x07 (Driver > version 1.13) > apm:disabled on user request. > VFS:Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) > Freeing unused Kernel memory:156K freed Hmm! That's a strange point to hang at. That's right when it should be starting init I think. We don't have a lot of testing on booting from DOS disk. Could you perhaps test the woody disks? Also, you should probably use the idepci flavor for your hardware. Let us know if any of that helps. -- ...Adam Di Carlo..<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...<URL:http://www.onshored.com/> -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]
