Jordi Mallach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: > On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 11:49:08PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote: > > >Oh, so that's why I'm still getting ?'s instead of accents and > > >incomplete lines? > > No, it shouldn't make any difference in that respect. Can you be more specific > > about the problems you're having? > > I'm building some catalan-enabled floppies, with no LANG_CHOOSER. > It looks like dbootstrap isn't started under the right locale, as it > shows 8bit characters like "?" in some places, and in others, it cuts > the line: > > "Instal�lar moduls etc" > is shown as > "Instal" > > This is what many reported a while ago, but I thought it should have > been fixed by newt and bogl-term. It's still happening, although I've > got the lastest packages installed here.
Hmm... if dbootstrap needs some LC_* or LANG env vars set prior to running, I'm pretty sure none of that is being done on the non-i18n root disks. Could you file a bug on this? Don't make it 'serious' or higher though, it's not release blocking. > If I try installing even if I can't see much of the menus, I have to > stop when the network isntaller tries to fetch the Release file from a > mirror, it dies with "malformed release file". And I've never got > anywhere further from that point. wgetting the file by hand in the shell > worked, and I tried many mirrors, both ftp and http. I don't think it's > a mirror problem. I have no idea what this problem is, you need to followup with a bad bug -- it's either a dbootstrap or wget I think. There is I think a known problem where we should be clearing out the downloaded release files etc if debootstrap is run >1 times, though, which could be handled perhaps by either dbootstrap or debootstrap. -- ...Adam Di Carlo..<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...<URL:http://www.onshored.com/> -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]
