Philip Blundell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Eduard Bloch writes:
> >Currently not. But it will be needed again if the whiptail problem is
> >not fixed soon.
> 
> I've checked in a patch to baseconfig.c to make it set LC_CTYPE to C before
> running modconf.  Previously it was setting LANG, which would have been
> overridden by LC_CTYPE in an i18n environment.

Be careful.  LC_CTYPE will be overriden by LC_ALL I believe.  See
locales(7).

> I think this should "fix" the problem you're seeing, in the sense that you
> should get the English strings from modconf.  If there is time to get modconf
> properly UTF-8 enabled, or to somehow make Latin1 work inside bterm, that
> would obviously be even better.

I doubt it.

-- 
...Adam Di Carlo..<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>


-- 
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to