Our first Sussex Spider Group field visit to Lullington Heath today was very
successful. Undoubted highlight was the discovery of a very large female
Atypus affinis by Evan Jones. Photos of the Atypus, Araneus angulatus and
Platystomos albinus found today can be viewed here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildhastings/

40+ species of spider were recorded, but there are many collected specimens
yet to be identified. Other highlights included a Philodromus albidus, many
Xysticus audax, Neoscona adianta, Zilla diodia, and a Cyclosa conica.

A full report will be produced in a few days time.

Thanks to everyone that attended and contributed to the records for this
very under recorded site, and special thanks to Evan Jones for his skill in
finding the Atypus webs.

Our next Sussex Spider Group field visit will be to Hastings Country Park
Nature Reserve on Sat 8th September.

Andy Phillips