Dear Adastrans,

The Sussex Branch of Butterfly Conservation is about to embark on a new Sussex
Butterfly Atlas and we thought that you may be interested in getting involved
with the surveys.

Clare Jeffers has organised a free event which is coming up soon, a Sussex
butterfly recorders conference, which is happening on Saturday 10 April 2010 in
Haywards Heath. We're using this event to launch the recording effort for a new
Sussex butterfly atlas.

Click here for booking form:
http://sxbrc.org.uk/file_download/54/Sussex+Butterflies+2010_Booking+form.pdf

We're still in the process of finalising the programme, but the day is expected
to include talks on:
*       What we currently know about butterflies in Sussex, and what are the
gaps in our knowledge
*       Our plans for producing a new Sussex butterfly atlas
*       How and where we want people to record butterflies - focusing on the
'in the field' side of things, rather than computery stuff
*       Tips on finding and identifying a few of the more difficult species,
like the Small/Essex Skippers and the Purple Hairstreak
*       How butterfly recording is used to inform conservation priorities in
Sussex
The day will include time to chat to other Sussex butterfly recorders, and
thanks to OPAL funding a free lunch!  It would be really great to see you there
- so please put the date in your diary if you're interested and let Clare
Jeffers know if you'd like to come along.

Best wishes,

Penny & Clare
Butterfly Conservation, Sussex Branch

Penny Green
Species Officer
Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre
http://sxbrc.org.uk  | 01273 497521

Sussex Wildlife Trust is a company limited by guarantee under the Companies
Act.  Registered in England, Company No. 698851.   Registered Charity No.
207005.  VAT Registration No. 191 305969.   Registered Office: Woods Mill,
Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9SD.  Telephone 01273 492630