Sorry I have just realised that I had sent out an old email instead of the new
version with forthcoming dates, so you won't need a time machine to be able to
attend!

Here is what it should be, ignore the last one:

Please reply to Rowenna or Pete whose contact details are at the bottom of this
post. Please do not reply to this group or we all get lots of emails!

We now have confirmation of the other two water vole training days to be held
at Arundel Wildfowl and Wetland Trust.  Details are listed  below

Water vole trapping, survey and monitoring training days

For the second year running, we are pleased to be offering the opportunity to
help on a research project investigating water vole populations in the lower
Arun Valley.

We are running 2 training days for you to gain experience in:
*       water vole trapping and handling
*       water vole genetic monitoring
*       water vole field sign surveys
*       mink presence monitoring

Water voles are protected species and trapping and handling requires a license.
 This is an excellent opportunity to work under a licensed project to gain a
range of experience in water vole surveying.

The provisional timetable for the day:
07.00 - 10.00:  Check water vole traps and process and release captured
individuals
10.00 - 10.15:  Coffee break
10.15 - 11.00:  Welcome introduction and water vole trapping best  practise
talk Water vole conservation, predator monitoring and background to project talk
11.00 - 13.00:  Water Vole sign surveys
13.00 - 13.45:  Lunch
13.45 - 16.00:  Check mink raft and introduce genetic monitoring methods
16.00 - 18.00:  Check water vole traps and process and release captured
individuals

When:
Thursday 1 September 2011
Saturday 3 September 2011
Where: Arundel Wildfowl and Wetland Trust

Cost:
£40.00 per person
All proceeds are going to the genetic research of water voles across Sussex to
help gain a better understanding of water vole movement across the landscape.

Contact:
Rowenna Baker, email: row_ba...@hotmail.com or Peter King, email:
peter_ki...@hotmail.com to book your place.  Please note that there are only 6
places available per day. Important information: On booking your place, you
will receive an email confirming your
booking and details of where and when to meet on the day.  We will provide you
with a kit list.  Lunch is not included, so please bring a packed lunch with
you on the day and lots of water.

Penny Green
Species Officer
Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre
http://sxbrc.org.uk  | 01273 497521

Sussex Wildlife Trust is a company limited by guarantee under the Companies
Act.  Registered in England, Company No. 698851.   Registered Charity No.
207005.  VAT Registration No. 191 305969.   Registered Office: Woods Mill,
Henfield, West Sussex BN5 9SD.  Telephone 01273 492630