Dear Adastrans,

Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre, working with Biosphere programme, has
recently developed a new online map for 'The Living Coast' Biosphere region
around Brighton and the Lewes Downs. You can read about the project on The
Living Coast website, here:
http://thelivingcoast.org.uk/news/inspiration-at-your-fingertips

Funded by a grant from Brighton & Hove's Environmental Sustainability Fund, the
map brings together a range of environmental datasets and local information,
including:

*         Designated sites on land, including SSSIs, NNRs, LNRs and Local
Wildlife Sites (formerly known as SNCIs)

*         Designated sites in the marine environment, including Marine
Conservation Zones and Local Marine Sites (formerly known as marine SNCIs)

*         Marine and terrestrial habitats

*         Urban greenspaces

*         Access Land

*         Public Rights of Way

*         Local Greenspace Groups

The map also shows a selection of the best places to visit, to get a flavour of
what The Living Coast has to offer, as described on The Living Coast website,
here: http://www.thelivingcoast.org.uk/explore/best-places-to-visit. But no
doubt local Adastrans will already have their own favourite spots!

You can get straight to the map by clicking on this link:
http://www.thelivingcoast.org.uk/explore. There's a black icon in the bottom
left hand corner of the map, with arrows pointing out at each corner. If you
click on this it should open the map 'full screen', and make it easier to
navigate. Pressing the escape key ['Esc'] should take you back to your browser.

This is the first time that SxBRC has developed a public information tool like
this - designed to make environmental information more accessible to local
people - so we'd really appreciate your feedback. If you've got any comments on
the content or functionality of the map, then please send them through to
i...@sxbrc.org.uk<mailto:i...@sxbrc.org.uk>. We've tested it on a range of
different browsers and devices. If you think the map isn't working as you'd
expect on your device, it would be really helpful if you can tell us what
device you're using, and what browser.

We really hope you'll find this tool useful; and we'd love to hear what you're
using it for.

With best wishes,

Clare

Clare Blencowe
BRC Manager
Sussex Biodiversity Record Centre
http://sxbrc.org.uk<http://sxbrc.org.uk/> | 01273 497521

Sussex Wildlife Trust is a company limited by guarantee under the Companies
Act. Registered in England, Company No. 698851. Registered Charity No. 207005.
VAT Registration No. 191 305969. Registered Office: Woods Mill, Henfield, West
Sussex BN5 9SD. Telephone 01273 492630