On Tue, Jun 9, 2015, at 13:00, Garry Glendown wrote:
> own address space. So without other effects of returned addresses, I
> would imagine that timeframe to be more like 3 years in the end. Now

It will make the "last /8 policy" last about 5 years (maybe 6), out of
which 2.5 have already passed.

> look at the uptake of IPv6 at both providers and end customers - do you
> really believe that the Internet will be ready to go IPv6-only within
> three years? I would love to see that, but I seriously doubt it ... so

No, but it will most likely get to a point where people can no longer
ignore it (as is the case today).

> anybody left at that point in time with only IPv6 addresses will be f*cked ...

As for those needing v4 space:
 - there will be a clear signal to get v6 *deployed*
 - transfer market will still be in place.

... as for v4 needs, new players are already fscked ....

And BTW, +1 for 2015-01 in case I didn't mention it already

--
Radu-Adrian FEURDEAN