Hi,

I'm sorry, but from this reply I understand two things:
1) if somebody speaks up for the first time, that someone's opinion values less
than that of somebody that spoje up before.
2) if somebody speaks up well within the set timeline, but on the very last
day, it's suspicious (to say it mildly).

I agree that any -1s especially (preferably also +1s) should be argumented, but
those arguments should not be thrown out simply because "it's the last day" or
because "you never spoke here before", which is was has been done here by some
people.

Also, "to deal with the concerns" is pretty vague, especially in establishing
when the concern has been dealt with. A reply from someone expressing
disagreement with a concern does not mean the concern was dealt with.

My concern regarding the RIPE NCC impact analysis were (from my understanding)
it is said that this policy will not address the actual hoarding problem was
not even slightly dealt with, just an example.

If this is a private group were only certain RIPE members are allowed to raise
concerns and have them dealt with, please let me know and I will not post
anymore. But it is my understanding that RIPE is a community in which each
member has EXACTLY the same rights and obligations as another member (even when
there were different LIR categories, rights and obligations were the same,
regardless if the category).

I strongly feel that any kind of policy change (resource related or not) that
would impact members directly should be voted upon - electronically, without
the need of a RIPE meeting. Of course prior to voting all discussions should
take place on mailing lists. The infrastructure is already setup. We are all
ISPs and/or internet related businesses, I think we can all find 5 mins online
in a 24h period to vote...

Matei Storch
Profisol Telecom
0728.555.004