Hi Garry,

all your points are totally right. So ... when will we start writing
that much stricter proposal ... I'd be happy to assist!

But: announcement-validation is not a valid mechanism ... for that you'd
need only one real internet connected router and a VM running e.g. bird,
which announces your prefixes.

I remember about 10 years ago, when I was trying to request a /17 for a
hoster in US at Arin, we were forced to provide a list with full
customer contact-data for all our IPs assigned ... and they really
contacted customers of us asking if they were running hosts in our
address-space ... So if NCC does not have to handle all this transfer
documentation anymore, LIR openers and closures, they'd have enough time
to really validate requirement for transfer.

As already written in earlier mails ... if the hurdle of reasoning why a
transfer is high enough, the market will break ... and honestly I am
sure that this would fasten up V6 deployment enormously!

BR Jens
- Certified to be flame-resistant -

--
Opteamax GmbH - RIPE-Team