Hi,

I'd like to put another idea into this policy, as I just ran into this
issue.

But before proposing it, I want to point out that I really like the 24
month hold-period before transfer in general to reduce the effect of
"Create LIR - get /22 - sell /22 - close LIR".

Still I would like to propose an exception to this 24month hold period
for the case of "swapping" IP-Space: Here the issue I have. My LIR
leased our last /22 to a transit customer. This transit customer is now
being taken over by another LIR. This LIR does not want to renumber the
end-users, but also does not want to lease the IPs anymore. Therefore
this LIR proposed to request his last /22 and transfer it to us and at
the same time we transfer our /22 to his LIR. So far - so good, but this
is not working with current policy-text for the next 24 month, as the
current policy forces us to wait 24 months before we can do that.

In practice this does not make real difference, as we could simply make
a contract that I lease his /22 and he leases mine for the next 24
months, but I think this actually doesn't make sense and also has never
been the intention of the policy.

For this reason I'd like to propose an exception on this 24month period
in section 2.2 of the current proposal 2015-04 as follows:

"This 24 months period is not needed, if two LIR swap allocations of
identical size."

What do you think about that?

Thanks and best regards
Jens Ott

PS: @Gert: Did you realize that I signed with full name and also changed
the sender's name for writing to the list ... so now there's no more
reason to call me Jens 'Opteamax' :D

--
Jens Ott
Geschäftsführer