Hello,

I would also like to add my point of view on proposal 2015-05.

In my opinion, this might even slow down depletion rate of 185/8. But it does
not cover all cases of cheating the system.

You all probably know better then me that if you want to get larger address
space, the easiest way (and probably the cheapest) is to make new LIR, pay for
2 years and then transfer all its resources to your main LIR and close the new
one.

The proposed policy would probably lower the need for such practice a little
bit, but still some space for cheating remains. I would like to see minor
change in policy, such like that LIR could not transfer IPv4 resources from
pool 185/8 to another LIR (or its sponsored organizations) so that receiving
LIR (and its sponsored organizations) would held more than /22 in 185/8 pool.
That way, it would not matter how many LIR you open, when you close LIR you
would not be able to transfer resources to any of your other LIRs (in RIR
region), so it would had to be returned to RIPE for new comers.

Other than that, I agree with proposed policy change (2015-05). It might
reduce the need for cheating system by offering the official way to expand LIRs
pools, with motivation to start using IPv6 as well as limiting LIRs to
monetize their (in 4 and a half years) pools so they can reach /20.

Sincerely

Martin Hunek
Freenet Liberec, z.s.