On 10 May 2016, at 14:27, Michael Oghia wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been following the discussion and I strongly support Jan's
> suggestion, especially since the bulk of the contention seems to be with
> what Jan describes as Part B. Does anyone know if it is possible to split
> the proposal into two parts?

  Yes.

  If it were my proposal, here's how I would go about it.

  Withdraw the current proposal.
  The proposer can always do this during the process.

  Introduce two new proposals (2016-somenumber and 2016-someothernumber)
  respectively containing the "Part A" and "Part B" material from the
  current proposal.

  There may be other ways of doing it, but this seems simple and effective.

  Best regards,

  Niall O'Reilly