Hi all

I'm in the process of helping a startup ISP get RIPE membership and
resources and have hit against a little bit of poor wording in the AS
guidelines RIPE-679, specifically:

*A network must be multihomed in order to qualify for an AS Number.*

The application for an AS number has been delayed because the NCC analyst
working on the ticket is claiming the ISP has to be *already multihomed*
before an AS can be issued.

This interpretation doesn't make any sense to me.  Surely the intention *to
become multihomed* should be the requirement for obtaining an AS number?

I don't even see how you can be properly multihomed if you don't have an AS
number.  Are we supposed to implement some kind of NAT multihoming first?

Can we look to change the wording in RIPE-679 to make this clear?

Aled