erik,

> I think that the time for the temp assignment to be made, stretched to
> 1 year or more, will become an issue for the NCC to work with.

the current policy allows the ncc to go up to a year

> Not only of the point that Gert made, but also because it will make
> the life of the IPRA's must harder with the time that we add..

actually, it is the reg folk who raised these issues to me

> As we can also expect more requests to be made, if the policy would be
> changed ...

this statement might benefit from some explanation

> As this is for research .. have you considered working with other
> research networks that hold large amount of numbers because they were
> NIR's before RIPE was setup ?

i can not speak for other researchers.  but when my work can be done
with existing allocations we use them, of course.  we have done this a
lot.  in the particular case i hit, the nature of the experiment
required space directly delegated from the ncc.

randy