Dmitry,

> I propose to add -fsanitize=kernel-address when the first patch is
> committed. Now it will just enable "-fsanitize=address
> -asan-instrumentation-with-call-threshold=-1" internally. But later we
> will be able to change instrumentation for kernel under the hood w/o
> disturbing users.

Yup, sounds right. Note that this will (unfortunately) be
--param asan-instrumentation-with-call-threshold=0 (not -1)
because GCC developers don't want to allow negative parameters.

> As for __kasan vs __asan prefixes, I don't care too much.
> __asan will work for us.

Ok. Or we could throw in a some __attribute__((alias))'es.

> Also, does gcc asan pass emit ctors into every translation unit? It
> was not working for us a year ago in kernel. Do you plan to disable
> them in kernel instrumentation mode?

We had some discussion with Andrey but haven't yet fleshed anything out.
For now we will disable them with --param asan-globals=0.

-Y