Hi to all,
I'm open-sourcing my heap-only ASan solution for binaries based on
QEMU-user, QEMU-AddressSanitizer.

https://github.com/andreafioraldi/qasan

Nothing special, I was just inspired by the ASan paper that, in the
conclusion, states that is possible to implement ASan with binary
translation.
Actually, I link QEMU with a patched ASan DSO without interceptor (I don't
want to instrument QEMU itself and have a unneeded slowdown) and instrument
accesses with TCG.
Hooks are forwarded via a fake syscall.

It is just for fuzzing, don't expect meaningful stacktraces (use instead
malloc_context_size=0), it includes all AFL++ patches.

More info in the small blogpost that I written about it:
https://andreafioraldi.github.io/articles/2019/12/20/sanitized-emulation-with-qasan.html

Ofc contributions are welcome ;)

Regards,
Andrea