On 02/11/18 22:38, Horst G. Burkhardt wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 14:00:15 -0600
> "A. Wilcox" <awil...@adelielinux.org> wrote:
>
>> bash:
>
> I'd actually like to see dash moved into system to provide /bin/sh -
> but that notwithstanding, the patch to make bash use bashrc properly
> and our own bashrc are a good enough reason to keep our own bash in
> system/ ...

dash is already in system via Alpine main.  It's certainly possible to
provide /bin/sh using dash, but I'm not sure if that is well advised.

I suppose we could offer the option to advanced users, but I'm not sure
we should make it all that obvious that one can do it.

Best,
--arw

--
A. Wilcox (awilfox)