Hello,

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 3:27 PM, A. Wilcox <awil...@adelielinux.org> wrote:
> [This list is continued from the previous email.]
>

> rsync:
>
> We enable xattr support via attr-dev.  We split -openrc out.  We also
> have the test suite working correctly.

Let's upstream.

> sdl:
>
> We enable NLS.

Let's upstream assuming $subpkg-lang is present.

> syslinux:
>
> We do not use mkinitfs so we need to move this to system/ if we do not
> fork aports.git.

I'm not sure a good solution here.  I guess we carry it in system/

> util-linux:
>
> In addition to Python 2->3 we enable partx, mesg, write, and wall, which
> are requirements of POSIX but disabled by Alpine for being unnecessary
> bloat.  This is almost certainly going to need to moved to system/ if we
> don't fork.

Perhaps a util-linux-extra?

> v4l-utils:
>
> We are using the better-maintained Qt5 port of V4L, which again, needs
> the Qt5 packages that are only in community/.  I may suggest to Alpine
> to move v4l-utils to community/ anyway; then our changes could be
> upstreamed.

We should see if it can be moved to community.

> vim:
>
> We ship a default vimrc.  This will have to move to system/.
>

> wpa_supplicant:
>
> We depend on D-Bus for KDE integration.

D-Bus support is present in wpa_supplicant already, so all we need is
to ship a modified init script, right?

> xf86-video-ati:
>
> We disable GLAMOR extensions in our driver.  I don't remember why or
> what issue that solves.  If there's no good reason to do that, we can
> just use the upstream xf86-video-ati package.
>

> xfsprogs:
>
> We ship patches that don't apply to the new version.  If they are
> unnecessary, we can simply ship the Alpine 4.14.0.  Otherwise, we need
> to port them to 4.14.0.

We should probably test both of these.