On 01/23/19 19:34, Michael Everitt wrote:
> On 24/01/19 00:56, A. Wilcox wrote:
>> The following packages will *not* be added to Adélie Linux at this time:
>>
>> syslog-ng - Superseded by sysklogd.
>
> I assume this is just a personal (or distro) choice simply to not bother
> with syslog-ng? Latest release is v3.19.1 December 2018 so is actively
> under development still ...

Correct.  Similarly, daemontools is still maintained, but it's
superseded by s6 - we don't need it for 1.0.

We may package syslog-ng at some other time (hence "will not be added
... at this time", not "will never be added").  However, it is very
heavy, brings in at least three other libraries that we don't already
have packaged, and would need to have a default configuration written by
us that makes sense for our target audience (set-and-forget servers, and
workstation users that don't have much experience).  That alone would be
a task...

Best to you and yours,
--arw

--