Premiere allows you to select the compression codec used when exporting an animation.
These are the steps to use to select the codec that Premiere will use In Premiere 6.x (and earlier). With a project open: 1. Click on: Project -> Project Settings -> Video The "Project Settings" window opens up. There's a box labeled "Compressor" There's a drop-down arrow that will list all of the codecs installed on your system. If you have installed the DivX codec, it will be listed in the drop down list. Select the DivX codex. 2. With the "Project Settings" window open, there's a button labeled "Configure". This is where you can set the "bit rate" that the codec uses to encode the video. The higher the bit rate, the higher the image quality, but the file size will be larger as well. 3. Click on the "Configure" button. In the DivX configuration window there are 4 tabs: "Bitrate Control", "General Parameters", "Manage Settings", and "Profiles" For a new user, I would suggest using one of the pre-configured profiles. In the "Profiles" window there are 4 preset profiles: "Handheld" This is the lowest bit rate, which will net the smallest file size, but has the poorest image quality. This is pretty good for "web delivery". "Portable" This is similar to "Handheld" but has a little higher quality and a little larger file size. "Home theater" This profile looks pretty good, but has a larger file size. "High Definition" This is the highest quality, but has a much larger file size. This is a good choice for animations that will be burned to VCD, SVCD, or DVD. In the "Configure" window, you will have to type in the resolution (in pixels) that you want to use. In the case of your animation, that is 499 x 199 pixels. Click on "OK" Now, when Premiere exports the video, it will use the selected compression codec. I hope that some of this makes sense. Knuck --- maartenvanthiel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > > Hi Martin; > > I downloaded DivX, but what I dont understand is your "I used the > DivX-5 codec". > > Thanks anyway, shall be exploring it further. > > Maarten > > > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Knuckle Martin > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > I imported your video clip into Premiere, and saved it out as an > uncompressed .avi. > > > > I matched your video settings: > > 499 x 199 Pixels > > 15 fps (frames per second) > > audio 16 bit mono > > compression (none) > > > > The exported file was 27 Mb > > > > I create a new project: > > > > I import the uncompressed .avi > > I used the DivX-5 codec and the same basic video settings > > 499 x 199 Pixels > > 15 fps (frames per second) > > audio 16 bit mono > > compression codec (DivX-5) > > I configured the codec for "handheld devices" > > This is the lowest bit rate. > > > > I export the video. > > The finished size is 577Kb > > > > > > If you don't have the DivX codec, It can be downloaded (free) here: > > http://www.divx.com/divx/ > > > > > > HTH > > > > > > Knuck __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/ADr1lB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
