Premiere works best with avi files.  You might want to find out what codec your 
avi files are created with ( I know, its all way too complicated, but I think 
the complications arise from many types of software creations for the same 
process, and the lack of uniform compatability).  
 
I have no problems when I have my avi files created using the Cinepak Radius 
codec, or it might be called the Radius Cinepak codec.  For me, premiere 
accepts files directly from my camera without a problem.  Perhaps your problem 
is related to the use of the CF card to capture with..  I never do that, they 
don't hold enough for one reason, at least on canon gl-2.
 
Hope this helps some..
 
 


ascus4 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Having become tired of my analouge vid cam. I purchased a digital
camcorder that records onto a CF card.  The camera outputs an AVI file.
I cannot change that.
Well, Premiere won't import the AVI files.
Is that normal for Premiere?

Thanks,
W




Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT


---------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

   To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/
  
   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  
   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. 



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to