Scanning thru the messages I have not seen this answer yet (sorry if I missed it; being a new member I don't want to start out with the wrong foot !!):
Personally, the Adobe PremierePro and Encore (1.5 versions) have been quite stable and flexible. I am not a pro at this, but have done quite a few DVDs for work and home use, and have tried ULead and MyDVD before. Probably MyDVD is the most failsafe app, but I found it limited. I have been quite successful exporting to DVD directly from PPro, i.e., if you don't need any menus but I did not see that as a required feature for the project in this thread. In PremierePro, if you want the best quality from an AVI file, you can burn directly to DVD and under Encoding, set to maximize bitrate. In Encore, although it may be an extra step, whenever I am not in a hurry, I use an AVI lossless output from PPro, and let Encore automatically transcode at the highest bitrate. I would really like to see some "canned settings" for max quality using PPro to the Media Encoder but by *time* (e.g., 90min, 2hr, etc.) rather than generic Hi or Low quality configuration... Glad to be on this list !! --- In [email protected], Amit Dogra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I have a 1.3GB AVI file which i'm trying to Author for a DVD. I'm using Win AVI Converter but it reduces the quality and size of the authored files to a great extent(655MB). I'm not sure if Win AVI Converter is the right option for doing this conversion. > > Is there any good DVD authoring software which retains the quality of the input file. > > Thanks > Amit > > > --------------------------------- > Do you Yahoo!? > Send holiday email and support a worthy cause. Do good. > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
