--- In [email protected], "Jeffery J. Haas" 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
>   ----- Original Message ----- 
>   From: stormz_boy 
>   To: [email protected] 
>   Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 7:49 PM
>   Subject: [AP] Pro 1.5 pretty flaky atm
> 
> 
> 
>   Hi all, I`m learning Pro 1.5 and am doing a test music video. I`ve
>   been (mostly) happily importing mpeg2 files.....<SNIP>
> 
>   Stormz, you cant edit MPEG files in Premiere.
>   JeffH
>   Ch.S.
>   ----------

Yes you can. I`ve edited most of the video already, but it`s unusable 
atm for whatever reason(s).


Stormz:
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/[EMAIL PROTECTED]@.3bb8460a

Do some reading on the "architecture" of an MPEG file and you will realize that 
most MPEG files are "groups of pictures" and not complete frames.
DVD-video MPEG-2 consists of a 15 to 18 picture GOP which will choke almost any 
Premiere system while Sony IMX consists of a 2-picture GOP which
can fake it in almost any NLE, so of course it all depends on how you capture 
your MPEG's....smaller GOP, less stability issues.

But again, I stress this most important point, and that is that Adobe is 
primarily designed to edit DV-AVI, Video for Windows and QuickTime MOV with 
DV-AVI being the 
"lingua franca" of most digital editing the world over. While this may change 
and already has to some extent with certain plug ins, it still comes down to 
the fact that Premiere does not take to MPEG import files as a native file 
type. 
You want to insist that it can, that's great...lots of luck to you. 

By the way, I am not sure what you mean by the term "atm"...I suspect it's not 
the cash machine at the local convenience store.

Pinnacle Edition, Sony Xpri and certain Canopus systems are designed to edit 
with MPEG as a native format and there are a few lesser known editors like 
Womble which do very well with it, and even Sony Vegas will deal with. I 
believe its only a question of time before plug-ins for Premiere Pro will make 
it possible to handle any MPEG with ease but for now dont expect any support 
from Adobe on this one.

By the way, this does not mean that Adobe doesn't EXPORT to MPEG....it will do 
that quite nicely with the correct plug-ins...and Main Concept's plug in for 
Premiere seems to find favor the most in Premiere land.

Stick a fork in me....I am done :-)

JeffH
Ch.S.

  ----------

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.6 - Release Date: 2/7/2005


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to