Just to answer your question, I used to burn the dvd first, then put 
on the label.  I can't give you a lot of specifics because, based on 
reading alone I decided to abandon paper labels rather than wait for 
a problem.

--- In [email protected], "Mark McLaughlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:
> Thanks for reply. 
> 
> I guess theres actually 2 items in the original question.
> 
> 1)Burning from AVI -> DVD with a label in place.
> 
> 2) Playback issues with paper labelled DVDs. 
> 
> So what labelling process do people advocate?
> What do you use?
> 
> 
> Cheers
> 
> 
> Mark McLaughlin
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Best Color Video Production   DVD    Website Design
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       Ph. 250-744-4111 Fx.
> www.bestcolorvideo.com/  1021 Ridgeway Place, Victoria BC.
> " We Produce Videos & Internet Websites for YOUR Business "
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: rsgars [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> Sent: February 16, 2005 12:47 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [AP] Re: AVI to DVD
> 
> 
> 
> Mark:
> 
> This is actually a very controversial subject.  There are many 
people who
> say they have never had problems with paper labels.  There seem to 
be just
> as many who have had paper labels cause their dvd's to be 
unplayable.  No
> one has a clear explanation on either side of the discussion, but 
there is
> enough strong feeling against paper labels that I have stopped 
using them,
> even though I never had a dvd fail that did have a paper label on 
it.
> 
> --- In [email protected], "Mark McLaughlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > rsgars wrote:
> > 
> > >There are many variables that can effect the avi-to-dvd process, 
> > >including the use of paper labels on the dvd disc.
> > 
> > 
> > Curious what effects paper labels might have?
> > 
> > I use them and haven't seen anything specific.
> > 
> > Anyone else use them? 
> > 
> > 
> > Mark McLaughlin
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Best Color Video Production   DVD    Website Design
> > mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       Ph. 250-744-4111 Fx.
> > www.bestcolorvideo.com/  1021 Ridgeway Place, Victoria BC.
> > " We Produce Videos & Internet Websites for YOUR Business "
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>  
> Yahoo! Groups Links





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to