I've had a look on the DVD, and there's the special features section that shows it's just a round blob of chromakey green paint on his shirt. Have a look at the image on my site: http://www.funkyjtq.com/KungPow.jpg and you'll see where the green paint was when it was filmed.
Thanks, Stuart! :) The only other thing I'm wondering about, is if I film it using chromakey green (film the background, then film them running in, then chromakey blend at time of edit), I'd have to draw in photoshop or something the apparent inside of the torso, wouldn't I? Interesting effect, though. Could be a laugh when it's all done and watching it with the class group at the end of the year. Jason (FunkyJTQ) ----- Original Message ----- From: Stuart To: [email protected] Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 2:08 PM Subject: RE: [AP] "Drilling a hole" Jason - I feel your pain. For your first scenario I thought that you could tape the backdrop without the actors, chroma out the gut, and then blend the two. But I must be missing something though. I haven't seen the Austin Powers movie, but are you talking about the Mini character actually reaching through the 'hole' to wave? If not, couldn't you chroma that as well? Stuart -----Original Message----- From: FunkyJTQ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:01 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [AP] "Drilling a hole" I've seen this effect twice now. In the movie Kung POW Enter The Fist, there's this guy who gets a round bit of his torso knocked out, and it just sits there on the ground like a big cork. You can see right through his "torso hole". In the movie Austin Powers Goldmember, Mini-Me drills through this big guy and stands behind him, waving to Dr Evil through the hole. Normally I can see something in a movie and think "okay, this is how it's done...." and I'll generally be able to figure out how it's done and how to do it myself in Premiere, but this one has got me stumped. How is this effect done, and is it possible to do it in Premiere, and if so, how? Jason (FunkyJTQ) [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1296li74p/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/ D=groups/S=1708568768:HM/EXP=1109987862/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*htt p:/www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=group s/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=179536546> _____ Yahoo! Groups Links * To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/ * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Service. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Links a.. To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/ b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
