> Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:44:21 -0800 (PST)
> From: Lee Schneider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Opacity Rubber Bands
>
>
>
> David Hurdon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <That makes sense, Jeff, but it's not what I meant to <describe. If in 6.5
> <you don't grab that end bit just right when you drag down, <you end up
with
> <an attachment point at the end of the line, as you should, <AND a second
one
>
> As long as we're on the subject of rubber bands... is there a way to lock
the level of the audio rubber band as you click on it to make a new handle?
More often than not, when I click on the audio rubber band to make a handle
(the start of a fade point that's not going to be altered) it bumps it up or
down by about 5-10%. I then have to alt+shift scrub to get the handle back
to it's previous spot... a real pain! Is there a key I can hold down as I
click to form the handle that will lock it? I'm in 6.5.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lee
*********************************
RESPONSE
Lee,
I don't know how to 'lock' the audio rubber band in the way you require but
have you tried the following approach to your problem?
When you click on the rubber band, hold down the 'SHIFT' key and keep it
held down whilst you make your adjustment. This enables you to make very
fine adjustments (1% at a time) and should also mean that any 'jump'
resulting from first making contact with the band or handle is limited to
1%. That's not quite a complete answer to your question but maybe it is
good enough as a 'work-around'.
Let us know if it does the trick.
Incidentally, wouldn't 'UNDO' (ctrl-z) be an easier way to restore the band
position from before an erroneous jump?
Julian
Bristol, England
--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 266.5.0 - Release Date: 25/02/05
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/