Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply. Will try authoring on a tool that supports 16:9 DVD -
anyone any suggestions for windows based tools?

Here's a still frame of blurred video
http://www.geocities.com/renu_vora/video/StillFrame_Blurred.jpg

Thanks for your help.
Renu

----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Moore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 5:01 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AP] 16:9 Footage gets blurred


The best way is just to edit and author a 16:9 DVD.  The DVD player will add
the letterboxing and do a much better job than Premiere.  In addition, you
get a DVD that will be "enhanced for widescreen TV's" i.e. 
anamorphic.  Just make sure your DVD authoring application supports creating
a 16:9 DVD.  ALL DVD players support this feature.  Just make sure the
setting on the DVD player is set correctly so it knows you have a 4:3
standard TV.

The "blurring" you see is probably just Premiere doing a bad job of scaling
the interlaced footage.  Do you have a frame capture to show your "blurring"
?

-Jeremy Moore

Renu wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I have captured 16:9 footage, edited it in Premiere 6.5 on Windows.
>
>I am trying to transfer this on DVD - and am following steps listed 
>here - http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/326126.html
>
>When I follow instructions in step #11 - maintaining aspect ratio, the 
>footage gets blurred.
>Is there any way, I can get sharp footage?
>
>I also tried instructions given here
>http://www.jeremymoore.com/AdobePremiere/FAQ/#Anchor-2.1 in 2.1 (Pixel 
>aspect ratio does not adjust footage correctly) - but get the same 
>problem of blurred footage when I click on maintain aspect ratio. It 
>says here that the problem is fixed in 6.5 version, but my widescreen 
>footage does not render correct to pay on 4:3 monitors.
>
>Any tips on how to create DVD for widescreen footage video that would 
>play on 4:3 monitors, would be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks.
>Renu
>
>  
>


 
Yahoo! Groups Links



 







 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to