Thank you, Glen!
I didn't even know you could turn on the safe margins. I thought you could
only see them when doing titles. This will help a lot.
Thanks again,
Jean
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Glen Tubbesing" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:57 AM
Subject: RE: [AP] Resizing photos and movie clips


>
> You could try turning on the title-safe and action-safe grid lines and
using
> those as guides to keep your image size right.  Under the timeline monitor
> screen is an icon that resembles a target.  Click on that, then keep all
the
> important elements inside the outer lines.
>
> Glen in Vegas
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jean Chang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:00 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [AP] Resizing photos and movie clips
>
>
> Glen,
> What you describe is how I usually do it when making a video of stills,
and
> they all come out perfectly resized. However, I just ran into a problem
with
> my latest video. Everything looked perfect on my PC, but then after
burning
> to DVD and showing the video on TV, my edges were cut off. I just recently
> learned of TV overscan. I had previously thought that what you see on the
PC
> is what you'll see on the TV. Now, my question is this: how do you know
how
> much to scale down the pictures so that you don't lose the details from
the
> edges of the pictures? If I make them too small, they have black borders
all
> around when I show the video on the PC, and since TVs don't all overscan
the
> same amount, is there any rule of thumb for doing this? I guess the best
> thing is to be sure you don't have any important stuff at the edges of
your
> pictures, but that's not always possible.
> Thanks,
> Jean
>
>
> -- 
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.6.2 - Release Date: 3/4/2005
>
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to