That's great to hear, Linda. I assumed the same about editing. Thanks for sharing that with us.. -Frank
Linda Rossiter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: <<@Linda... you talked about hiring an editor, last year, who was switching from Mac's and Final Cut, to PC's and Premiere... I'm just curious, how did that work out? What is his opinion of the software?>> Thanks for asking... Matt has now worked with us for six months. As I'd hoped, he was editing on Premiere by the end of day one. Within a week he was working on client projects, doing all the main editing, leaving me to then complete the accompanying graphics and post. Within two weeks I was able to stop working evenings and weekends, and get some semblance of life back. For the first month, he ran Premiere on a very good laptop (while we confirmed that he was worth investing in!) then we bought a second PPro/RTX suite. Both systems use removable 200gb caddies, so we just swap caddies as we work on different stages of different jobs. It's very smooth. He's doesn't mind PPro at all (though I suspect I give him little chance to complain!)... he is an AE fan, so occasionally we battle when he'll go into AE to do something I think he should have stayed in Premiere to do (just layering stuff.... different ways of working, I guess). He does like the plugins we own for it (Trapcode's Shine, FilmFX, BorisFX, HollywoodFX and more). He's not so keen on Encore, as his previous company clearly had a much more expensive and fancy package, so he's had to learn to compromise there sometimes. Overall it's worked out fine, and proved my assumption that if you have the ability to edit, it doesn't much matter what platform you use. Linda www.rossiterandco.com --------------------------------- Yahoo! Groups Links To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/ To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
