Don't hold back.  Tell me exactly how you feel!  Ok.   So I asked for
feedback and I got it.   Wow.   The one thing that surprises me about your
comments is that you saw my other productions.   That's nice.   I couldn't
even get my kids to watch the Doctor movie. (BTW...that's Patient 8794....if
anyone is interested, it's
here....http://www.digitaldotsmedia.com/shortfilms.cfm  Feel free to watch
it and rag on it as well. ).

1) Lighting problems?  I was going for the hospital morgue look.  It worked!
Ok, so lighting sucks.  I know.  I have to work on that.
2) I didn't have a mic for the guy, so I just used the mic in the camera.
3) The rolling effect was done because I didn't get any coverage on him
during that conversation.  I should have.
4) Music, I personally (and the people who watched it), liked the selection,
but I guess that is personal taste.
5) Tighter shots.   Sure in some places, but I think in other places, the
shots where pretty tight and the walking scene got some good feedback from
the viewers at work (all 2 of them).

Just as an FYI, the entire thing took about 7 hours  (3 hours to shoot and 4
hours to edit).  I will take more time next time.   However, I could not
over do the production because we are not really sanctioned at work (yet) to
do this, therefore, it was more "undercover" for proof of concept.

Anyhow...I don't mind the critical comments at all (that's how I learn),
however, in my personal life, when I give critical comments, I also try to
throw in some positives so that people understand I didn't "hate them or
what they did", but more trying to help them learn.

I love you though still, except the guy that was laughing at your comments
and kept rewinding them.  I don't love him.

Cheers,
Marcelo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.thedailyfarce.com/


================================================

The Daily Farce News
A satirical and distorted look at the news
http://www.thedailyfarce.com/ <http://www.thedailyfarce.com/>

Digital Dots Media
Web - Video - Photo Stories - Publishing - Short Films
http://www.digitaldotsmedia.com/ <http://www.digitaldotsmedia.com/>

================================================
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 8
   Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:18:13 -0000
   From: "sdwulfdawg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Feedback please....

OK...I'm going to be the damp blanket here...

It came off as really amateurish... What happened to good ol' well
done video that doesn't try to be edgy for the sake of being edgy.

You needed to put (hide) a small button mike on the host...I was
getting way to much ambient sound and not enough source sound.

As in your past productions, lighting seems to be your Achilles
heel..it just didn't cut it...maybe do a bounce light, but I had a
feeling that I was in a hospital morgue with the lighting as it was,
not to mention the color balance problems.

I would try to do some interesting camera angles with some tight
rather than use the moving clip (side-to-side) thing.

The music wasn't bad but not spectactular.

You can do WAY better, Marcello...I remember the short film which you
shot about the doctor...it was way more polished.

So there...perhaps I'm more like a wet blanket...just giving my opinion.
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

Message: 9
   Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 20:02:34 +0800
   From: Myst Exile Fan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Re: Feedback please....

Boy oh Boy I was laughing so hard I had to go pee in the middle of it. Thank
goodness I can pause it and rewind it a bit to restart. Good Job.





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to