Badly. They are not continuous spectrum video lights. You will have a 
funky color that you will never be able to make right.
Incandescent tungsten video lights are not so expensive (they just eat 
electric and are hot -- use a kitchen mitt to adjust them during 
operation). mail order from B&H etc. 
You want minimum 2; 3 is better (so that you have a overhead fill).
Oh and don't get fingerprints on the bulbs without wiping off clean before 
turning them on.



On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Road Runner wrote:

> I am new to lighting techniques.  In the past I have taken my home camera out 
> only on days when the skies were blue and I had good sunlight.  But, now, I 
> want to make a teaching DVD on the new standards put out by the American 
> Heart Association for CPR.  This project will take me indoors.  Can anyone 
> tell me how well the 500 W work lights that you buy from Home Depot might 
> work out for indoor video projects such as mine.
> 
> John
>   ----- Original Message ----- 
>   From: for_laekker 
>   To: [email protected] 
>   Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 6:52 PM
>   Subject: Re: [AP] Movie quality...
> 
> 
>   Thanks for your reply Glen. I'll check out the camcorder and get 
>   back to you.
>   I'm pretty sure it's crap. I've got a couple of other alternatives 
>   which I could post too, then maybe you can give a suggestion about 
>   which is best?
> 
>   I know I'm not going to make a Hollywood production, but really want 
>   people not have the feeling af watching a "home movie". It's not a 
>   serious project by any means, but that doesn't mean it has to look 
>   like it isn't!
> 
>   I was thinking about using a couple of work lights (approx. 500W) 
>   with at sheet in front of it to diffuse the light. Would this be 
>   good option for a basic lighting setup?
> 
>   Does anybody know of a tutorial for basic processing, that could 
>   improve the image quality?
> 
>   Many thanks
>   OMC
> 
>   --- In [email protected], Glen Tubbesing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
>   wrote:
>   >
>   > The problem is NOT your Firewire transfer, since Firewire is a 
>   > digital-to-digital, lossless procedure.  The "special box" you 
>   mention 
>   > would actually give you lower quality than your Firewire 
>   transfer.  More 
>   > than likely, it's either the camcorder or camera skills.  If you 
>   can 
>   > give us the brand and model of your camcorder, we can give you 
>   reports 
>   > on its quality.
>   > 
>   > The reason why professional films have such good quality is that 
>   they 
>   > spend thousands, sometimes millions, of dollars on lighting, 
>   equipment 
>   > and materials, so that they get the good, high-quality look.  You 
>   can't 
>   > expect to get the same quality with a $300 camcorder recording on 
>   a 
>   > miniDV tape.  But, with some processing, proper lighting, and good 
>   > camera skills, you can look better than "home movies."
>   > 
>   > Let us know the brand and model of the camcorder and we'll give 
>   you a 
>   > report.
>   > 
>   > Good luck,
>   > Glen in Vegas
>   > 
>   > 
>   > for_laekker wrote:
>   > > Hi
>   > > 
>   > > I've been a member for a while, but have never posted here 
>   before.
>   > > 
>   > > I'm a total newbie (from Denmark, so please excuse my english), 
>   > > since I have only made one project in Premiere Pro 1.5
>   > > 
>   > > I'm recording with some cheap miniDV camcorder (can't remember 
>   the 
>   > > brand or model since it's one I borrow). When transfering the 
>   shoots 
>   > > to my computer over Firewire, I fell like quality is very poor 
>   > > (can't really judge if the quality is as poor "inside" the 
>   camcorde, 
>   > > when look at the LCD). Is this a result from poor camera skills, 
>   the 
>   > > camcorder quality (guess it's a fairly cheap camcorder) or the 
>   > > transfer over Firewire.
>   > > A work where I borrow the camcorder (I've been told) they have 
>   > > special PC for transfer/editing, which have a special box 
>   through 
>   > > which to transfer from camcorder to PC. This should give better 
>   > > quality (don't know much about it, since I've only been told 
>   about 
>   > > it). Is my bad quality simply because of the Firewire transfers?
>   > > After having transfered through Firewire, is it possible to 
>   improve 
>   > > the quality (in some fairly simple manor)?
>   > > I'm kind of thinking like the improvements you see on 
>   professional 
>   > > films. When watching unprocessed bonus material, it's pretty bad 
>   > > quality (pale colours and grainy), which is kind of like the 
>   problem 
>   > > I'm having... If someone know a tutorial to "restore" the 
>   quality of 
>   > > the shoots I would be very thankful.
>   > > 
>   > > Many thanks
>   > > OMC
>   >
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>   SPONSORED LINKS Video production  Video server  Video streaming server  
>         Adobe premiere training  Adobe premiere pro  Adobe premiere 6.5  
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>   YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS 
> 
>     a..  Visit your group "Adobe-Premiere" on the web.
>       
>     b..  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       
>     c..  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> 
> 
> 
> 
>  
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 
>  
> 
> 
> 


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
1.2 million kids a year are victims of human trafficking. Stop slavery.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to