The easiest way to do this in Premiere Pro is to nest the cropped sequence in 
another sequence. This will force Premiere Pro to use the new alpha channel 
created by the crop. (This assumes you have Premiere Pro.) But, to be honest-- 
even then, the edge feather is only a so-so effect. 

I think the best thing to do is to create an image matte, like in photoshop, 
with heavily feathered edges. Of course, this assumes you know photoshop and 
understand matte creation. 

Both options have their advantages and disadvantages.



Jeff Schell www.jeffschell.com
· Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) · Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI)
· On-Site, Classroom Training for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Encore 
DVD, Photoshop
· Books: Premiere Pro 2 Hands-On-Training · Premiere Pro 1.5 H-O-T
· DVDs / Online Tutorials: Premiere Pro 2 Essential Training at Lynda.com
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Tosh 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 12:30 PM
  Subject: [AP] croping and edge feather


  After I crop an image I usually don't like the hard edges because they are 
very noticeable. I would have thought that throwing an Edge Feather filter 
would fix this. However this filter only feathers the outside edges of the 
whole clip, not the cropped edges that I created. Does anybody know if there is 
a way to feather my cropped edges? Thanks!


  ---------------------------------
  New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save 
big.

  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



   
  Yahoo! Groups Links



   






[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to