Tom,
I believe that the camera is not being seen by Windows, but others
in my department think it may be an issue with Adobe. The PC does
not regonize the camera at random times, but once Premire does see
the camera, it does not seem to drop it. I was wondering if there
are known issues with firewire cards or if there is a good way to
check them.

An important item to know is that a teacher took some of the cameras
home and said that she could not connect to her PC at home. This
cameras are all in the $400 to $500 dollar range and are less than a
year old. Can the firewire card damage the port on the camera?

We have a cd labeled Adobe Premire 7.0 and we are using Windows XP
with SP2. I will look for more info on that.

Thank you for your reply,
Bill

--- In Adobe-Premiere@yahoogroups.com, Tom Stark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Bill,
>
>   I am a little out of focus on exactly what is not "seeing" your
cameras.  Does windows "lose" the connection, or does Adobe
Premiere "lose" it?  I believe that if it is an initial connection
problem, then it really is not an Adobe Premiere question, although
we will try and help you.  Much easier to know if it is an operating
system problem or an Adobe problem.

>   Also, you state you are using version 7.0, which can also be
know as Adobe Premiere Pro 1.0.  You state that you have "all of the
security patches".  Does this mean you are running SP2?  My
experience with Premiere Pro 1.0 was that it didn't really work well
with SP2.  Just wondering.

>   Hope this helps.
>
>   Tom
>
> bjensen391 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   I have a question that I hope will fit within this group. I am
the IS
> Director for a school district in Oregon. We have started a video
> class at the high school. They are using Intel P4 2.8 GHz Windows
XP
> Pro PCs with 512 MB of ram with ATI Radon 9600 video cards and a
> generic PCI firewire card to capture. The students are using Adobe
> Premiere 7.0 to capture the video footage from various digital
video
> cameras.
> The problem is that we continue to "loose" connection to the
cameras
> at random times during initial connection. Once connected Premiere
is
> able to capture the video footage, but at any random time with any
of
> the various cameras when the camera is connected to the PC it does
not
> see the camera. Then with the same equipment, but at another time
the
> camera will connect. We have checked the cables and they appear
fine.
> The PCs have all of the security patches and no viruses. I have
also
> used an account with full administrative rights, but with no
> difference.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Bill Jensen