On Monday, July 23, 2012, Kai Sterker wrote:

>  We can either have a single program that can run each game (a global
> engine executable, like v0.3) or we could allow/require a custom
> executable specific to each game.

I like the idea of a global executable, which could simply be wrapped by a
game-specific script. For example, the wastesedge executable could be a
Python script that uses pkgconfig to find out where the main adonthell
executable is installed, then launch it with the requisite flags for
Waste's Edge.

For the main program, this leaves the task of initialization (of
> course without any hardcoded loading) and a call to a game-specific
> Python script that can do game-specific setup and will at one point
> have to start the main loop, at which point control remains within the
> engine, until the player exits the game.

Ok, this makes sense.

Cheers,
Josh

--