>We have a customer who is restoring a large NTFS volume on their primary
>fileserver. During the restore process, the client has repeatedly failed
>with errors, preventing the completion of the restore. Additionally, NTF
>permissions are also not being restored, with some errors logged on the
>client referring to this.
>10/14/2000 02:37:08 File thought to be compressed was not

Ted - The "thought to be compresed", cryptic message has been seen in cases
      where file backup was done under one client level, but the restore
was attempted with an earlier level.  (The product currently requires client
upgrading only - no going back.)  New client levels tend to store backup
info in a format particular to that level, so this could also account for
file attributes not being restored directly, as well.
   Hope this helps,   Richard Sims, BU