We are using an OC-12 Sonnet Ring Network <about a 12 gig bandwidth> - Many
of our switch to router configurations are on a 1 gig setup.

To answer your questions, no, the Oracle clients are not in a dedicated
network - they are on the same network with all our other servers. We have
discussed created a dedicated network, but have not gone to far into it at
this time. We have approximately 250 servers from NT to Novell to Solaris -
and at the same time that RMAN is doing its backup at night, the other
servers are backing up as well.

We have been having problems that we are working on resolving with our
network H<we tried many things and have not been able to find the answer -
if anyone has any suggestions for what we can do - that would be great - we
have done many upgrades to our network and also used network monitoring
tools to try to find the bottleneck - but with no luck>

however, the RMAN servers that do about 300gig take approx 5 hours to
complete - before our problems occurred, we were averaging about 3 1/2 hours
- this is with 4 channels.  During the day, when RMAN is doing his
archiving, TSM is busy doing its copy pools and reclamations.  Therefore,
RMAN is rarely running alone on anything, but it does not run with any
backups during the day which is when the archiving takes place.

The RMAN clients use the ATLP3000 robot that we have. It contains 12 drives
- 2 per each SCSI controller. The TSM is on an E3500 Sun Box that runs
Solaris 2.6.

I hope this information helps and with the server being down today, I sent a
copy of this to your personal box.  Let me know if I can be of any more
help.