From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Rick
Adamson
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 7:30 AM
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] cluster backup with CSV

Jim,
Have you tried to create a cluster resource for the shared disk? The scheduler
service will then failover with the disk and you will not need to manually
start it every time there is a change in cluster node ownership.

At a high level:
In addition to what you have already done.
Use Failover manager to create a new generic service resource.
Add all cluster nodes as possible owners.
Add the shared disk as a dependency.
Specify the scheduler service that you need to failover.
If you haven't done so open a command prompt and set the services password
using dsmc.
Something like: dsmc incr -nodename=<cluster-nodename>
-password=<clusternode-password> -optfile=<full path to dsm.opt located on the
shared resource> There will be a place to enter a registry key path where the
scheduler service encrypted password is kept, I ignore it during setup of the
resource..... then:
Open registry editor and navigate to the scheduler service password location,
it should be something like:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\BackupClient\Nodes\<nodename>
Export that reg key and import it on all other cluster nodes.
Open the properties page of the generic service resource you created above and
add the path to registry key.

Notes:
I also edit the properties of the resource and disable its ability to cause
failover, if the scheduler service happens to fail I don't want it to initiate
a cluster failover.
The scheduler service now needs to be stopped or started using the
clustering/failover interface and not the services app.

Hope that helps.... sorry if it's kind of vague I don't have access to my
actual docs at the moment.

Rick Adamson
Information Technology
Southeastern Grocers LLC